About Me

My photo
Jason asked me to dance for the very first time to one of my favorite songs, & as we sang along, I never imagined how he would later affect my life. We went our separate ways but God definitely had a plan for us because everywhere I went, there he was. We somehow knew the same people, loved the same things, & soon were inseparable. The day after our first date he took me to the cowboy church with him. I was impressed with this man! Gods plans sometimes are different than what we have pictured so when we found out we were pregnant, we were wondering why God had chose this path for us instead of giving us more time to enjoy each other as a young couple & do all the things that make parenting later in life a little easier. Apparently God knew we had it in us to be strong as a couple & as parents because as we prayed, we were reminded that this baby GIRL was a blessing & would give us more than we could've ever dreamed of having on our own. Tylee is her name & boy let me tell you, she's a wild one. She's got a heart as big as Texas, a smile that'll make anyone's day complete, & eyes brighter than the sun! We are happier than ever and we can't wait to see what the future holds for us!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Swim Lessons!

Tylee started "swim lessons" last Monday, June 18th, 2012. We wanted to start getting her in the water and used to it so she wouldnt have any problems later. I'm really afraid of water and Im uncomfortable in water and I dont want that for her so we started her in a class at the local pool, Splashville. Its such a fun place :) At first I signed her up for level 1 and we got there at 9:30 am all ready to go and the kiddos looked to be about 3 except for one other little girl who looked around Tylee's age. The teacher told the kids to line up and sit at the edge of the pool and she proceeded to tell them that they could only put their feet in when she said it was ok and told them all these different things and then told them to go ahead and put their feet in. Most of them did, but Tylee did not. The other girl Tylee's age screamed and didnt even want to sit, haha. The teachers tried to help Ty put her feet in but Tylee got scared and came back to me. Thats when I decided this age group wasnt for her. Previously when we were signing in I learned about a Mommy and Me class that was for kids that werent ready for Level 1 - where you swim with your child to get them acustomed to the water and the teachers so they are more comfortable with them instructing them in the water WITHOUT the parents. I also feel that Tylee is at a good listening stage but not at the "do what I say exactly as I say it" listening stage. I saw a big difference between Tylee the 2 year old and all the 3 year olds. One year, what a difference in being able to do things when they are told to you! And without a tantrum!

So we left and came back an hour later and tried the Mommy and Me class and BOY! It was COLD! Burrr! 10:30 am wouldnt be so bad if the wind wasnt blowing so hard! Landon, a boy Tylee has grown up with was also there. His mom Mary is a friend of mine who I went to high school with so it was nice to have someone we knew there! Every morning Tylee wakes up and says, "Landon, where are you?" It's too cute. And we get our swim suits on and head to see him at the pool! We have one week left this upcoming week :) And hopefully next summer once she's 3 she will be ready for level 1 :) I really enjoy being able to do this with my little girl and having a schedule is nice.

















(Top Left): Tylee and Landon giving big hugs after swim lessons :) (Top Right):Tylee and Landon cheesing for the camera after swim lessons, cute kiddos! (Its so bright because the camera isnt the best and was just a huge white light and thankfully I adjusted the exposure enough to make out the photo. ONE of these fine days I'll buy myself a NICE camera and wont have to worry about that happening! :)







Tylee and Momma before swim lessons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment