About Me

My photo
Jason asked me to dance for the very first time to one of my favorite songs, & as we sang along, I never imagined how he would later affect my life. We went our separate ways but God definitely had a plan for us because everywhere I went, there he was. We somehow knew the same people, loved the same things, & soon were inseparable. The day after our first date he took me to the cowboy church with him. I was impressed with this man! Gods plans sometimes are different than what we have pictured so when we found out we were pregnant, we were wondering why God had chose this path for us instead of giving us more time to enjoy each other as a young couple & do all the things that make parenting later in life a little easier. Apparently God knew we had it in us to be strong as a couple & as parents because as we prayed, we were reminded that this baby GIRL was a blessing & would give us more than we could've ever dreamed of having on our own. Tylee is her name & boy let me tell you, she's a wild one. She's got a heart as big as Texas, a smile that'll make anyone's day complete, & eyes brighter than the sun! We are happier than ever and we can't wait to see what the future holds for us!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Kitchen adventures

As a FCS (Family & Consumer Science) major, I go to school and learn about different ways to prepare meals and next Spring I will even learn how to can foods, but as with every major, you learn alot from experiences on your own much more than from reading straight from text and "memorizing" for tests that you insist you do good on so that your grades stay up which lead to graduation and hopefully, a good job in the end of it all! Well, as I am only 22, I still have ALOT to learn but thankfully, I have a daughter and fiance who keep me on my toes. I want to keep them both as healthy as possible and happy at the same time! They are both stubburn when it comes to green vegetables - and Tylee manily learns this from her father. (Which he says will only get worse as she grows older and sees what he orders at restaurants - boo!)

Anyhow, I'm getting better at more complicated meals - I can rock a roast and I think I can fry just about anything, but Im still not such a great rice cooker, and when recipes have enormous ingredient lists, I cringe! So Im sort of on a self journey to becoming a better cook and also looking into growing my own vegetables and herbs! Cant wait! Here are a few here and there photos...









Freezing tomatoes - pretty dang easy! :)









Perfect brown gravy - thank you Momma for teaching me this skill!









Can you tell which spice I'm fond of? Hahaha...my cabinet has about 30 spices in it...spices are everything and Im quite obsessed!









My new favorite dish from Cotton Patch...Blackened Tilapia is now in my very own kitchen! Wahoo! One of the easiest things I've ever made, I was VERY excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment