About Me

My photo
Jason asked me to dance for the very first time to one of my favorite songs, & as we sang along, I never imagined how he would later affect my life. We went our separate ways but God definitely had a plan for us because everywhere I went, there he was. We somehow knew the same people, loved the same things, & soon were inseparable. The day after our first date he took me to the cowboy church with him. I was impressed with this man! Gods plans sometimes are different than what we have pictured so when we found out we were pregnant, we were wondering why God had chose this path for us instead of giving us more time to enjoy each other as a young couple & do all the things that make parenting later in life a little easier. Apparently God knew we had it in us to be strong as a couple & as parents because as we prayed, we were reminded that this baby GIRL was a blessing & would give us more than we could've ever dreamed of having on our own. Tylee is her name & boy let me tell you, she's a wild one. She's got a heart as big as Texas, a smile that'll make anyone's day complete, & eyes brighter than the sun! We are happier than ever and we can't wait to see what the future holds for us!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Parental Love

Here lately, Tylee has been staying home with me since school is mostly out for me. I am taking two online classes because the one class I REALLY needed to take at the school this summer to help relieve some of next falls class load was cancelled :/ Which means I will be taking the full 18 hours next fall, which is ok, but something I have never done and I am VERY nervous about. Anyway, since Tylee has been home with me, she has been going through phases where she doesnt want anything to do with Jason when he gets home from work, which is kinda sad and is quite the annoyance when she freaks out when I need my time to talk to him and hug him and say hello. She exclaims, "MINE! MINE!" and throws herself at me and acts as if she's FURIOUS at him for taking me away from her. We are trying to teach her that although she is special, we are the more important ones. God said himself that parental relationships are more important than the children...they should not be fended to as if they are the princesses and make relationships be put on hold. Todays society has definitely made it seem as so but it's nice to know that other people agree with what I believe. But it is DEFINITELY harder than it sounds TEACHING children this.

So when she does this throwing herself nonsese, I sit her on the couch and explain to her that Mommy and Daddy love each other and that Daddy is very nice and loving and loves Mommy and even though Tylee is special, Mommy and Daddy need time to talk and that after we are done talking to each other we will talk to her next. After we had talkd for a few minutes she came over more calmly and I told her to tell me, "Excuse me Momma." and she did and so then we were able to get somewhere but she still didnt really want much to do with Dad so I asked her if she wanted Dad to take her outside, and thats when she got excited and said yes and grabbed his hand. Its been a joyous ride, hahaha.

But then yesterday, we spent all day just kind of being lazy and enjoying the day, (they did anyway, I have had a hellacious end of the week with a few bad headaches and was fighting that off yesterday and was so thankful for Jasons help!) so after I got back from a friends bridal shower Tylee went up to Jason and said, "Poop, poop, poop." and I laughed and said, "Aha, she loves you again, happy?" And he joked and said, "Take it back...when your potty trained then we'll talk..." hahaha. But she REFUSED to let me change her and he just refused to change her because he already had to when I was gone earlier. But of course she hadnt really pooped and I knew it, and I told him just act like your gonna change her and I'll do it, but she had just peed. She's getting better at telling us when she needs to be changed, but she just says poop and doesnt know the difference. Anyway, it was funny to see how it changed from not wanting Dad to not wanting Mom. I've done some research and have found the Dad thing is common and have found some cures and helpful hints for it, so were not too worried, it's just kinda sad during the week when it happens.

















(Top Left): Mom & Tylee making silly faces for the camera...CHEESE!
(Top Right): Dad & Tylee snuggling on Ty's couch. Tylee's favorite thing to do when we lay with her is to put her arm around our neck and squeeze us when we try to get up so were stuck and have to come back down and hug her...and do that bunches!








(Top Left): Tylee and I went out past our main yard and went to where we have tall beautiful yellow flowers and cut some off for our vase in the living room :) She was very pleased and was quite the big helper! I am so blessed! (Top Right): Before bed Tylee decided she wanted to wear Moms (fake, but still beautiful) pearl necklace and of course matching bracelets! We blow dried her BEAUTIFUL blonde hair and she looked like an absolute princess in her purple and lime green fishy jammies! (Thanks cousins!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment